Sunday, March 21, 2010

Icy rainbows

Hello ladies,

I have another older Sally Hansen polish to share with you today: Blue Aura. This polish is part of the Magicals line, a collection of truly spectacular holographic polishes. The bright sun departed minutes before I walked outside. I was hopeful enough to bring my camera with me on my errand to the grocery store.

The sun returned diffusely, directly in front of a cathedral. This was indeed magical given the positioning of the tall buildings that block much of late afternoon rays. There was a clear diagonal of sun across Chestnut Street coming from the direction of the Schuykill River. The first visible beams lit the pavement a few paces ahead of me. Perhaps the sun was possessed by a bit of whimsy and a love of holographic polish.



The application of this polish is workable. It's preferable to let the first coat set before applying the second. Otherwise, the brush will pull polish from the first coat as the second is applied. The formula dries quickly, so this is a small effort. The brush included is on the smaller side and doesn't give the best three stroke application. Expect to do minor clean up. Although Blue Aura wouldn't qualify as a fussy diva polish, it requires a little extra attention. The finished result to me is worth it.

If you have a penchant for holographic polish, the Sally Hansen Magicals are worth seeking on ebay. What do you all think of holographic polish? I have many to share with you if it's something you enjoy seeing on long nails. I may like to try some Konad stamping with holographics as well.

Happy painting, ladies!

18 comments:

  1. I just adore holographic polishes, and I'd love to see more of your manicures with them! That's a very pretty one you have on; I've never come across Sally Hansen Magicals before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love the polish but that bottle is awesome! I don't remember seeing those.
    ~Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam: Thanks! With the inevitability of good sun for picture taking as the weather warms, I will gladly oblige you with more holographic polishes. I never encountered these in a store. I searched ebay for them. I checked again tonight and this shade is still available.

    WizardsofBling: Sylvia, I KNEW you would love the bottle! I don't remember seeing the Magicals in any of my usual drugstore haunts when they were released, but ebay does have them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I didnt know Sally Hansen did holos. WANT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love me some Holos, so go for it please! It seems to me that Ms. Hansen is often at the leading edge of nail polish finishes and colors with so many others trailing behind. Do you know when these were originally released?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely! You can never go wrong with holos. I wish these weren't discontinued and the Prisims and chromes.. Damn that Sally Hansen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had this polish when it first came out in the silver,and it clumped on me after a while, it lost all of its holographic effect, so I tossed it, this one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love holos and the bottle of this one is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that shade of blue is really pretty ^;^

    I also wanted to thank you for entering my blog contest so we both have Venus in Virgo... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Silhouette Screams: Back in the days of Sally Hansen's majestic reign of Nail Prisms and Opals, there were Holographics.

    ~Elizabeth: I am not certain when these were released but I will try to find out for you. I agree! Sally Hansen has had some amazing and creative releases in the past. This fall they are set to do a series of neutral creme polishes. I prefer the spangly Sally Hansen of yore. That settles it! More holographic polishes will be featured here! <3

    Jessica: For those of us who love our nails to look like jewelry, Sally Hansen has done some amazing things for us. My wish for Hard Candy to return came true so maybe my wish for more lovely finishes from Ms. Hansen will also occur. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jackie S: Thanks! I am loving Blue Aura. You must mean Crystal Ball as the pesky silver. I have a bottle of that in my untrieds. Hopefully, it is still effective. I will approach Crystal Ball with caution.

    Rebecca: I should line up all the Magical bottles I have and take a picture. <3

    VenusInVirgo: Thanks! I adore pale blues. I was happy to find your blog, my astrological aspect twin. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have very long and pretty nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous sky blue colour, amazing holo effect<3 I would sure love to see more of your holo ones:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey is your Venus in Virgo in the 2nd house as well ;) ? I have studied astrology for years now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had no idea about these from Sally Hansen. I love holo polishes. I bought everyone I could from China Glaze and OPI. I know I'm missing many from the earlier collections. I often wished I had the length of your nails to put holos on. What fun! Can't wait to see those manicures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ShortandSweetNails: *curtseys*

    Charming Nails: Thanks so much! Your nails and designs are lovely.

    KONADomania: Thanks! I think I am going to make it my spring/summer project to show all my holographic polishes.

    VenusinVirgo: Yes it is! My Venus in Virgo also forms a tiny kite to a grand trine in Water. I have some knowledge of astrology picked up along the way. I read Tarot professionally. Tarot is more my medium, but I enjoy astrology. It's fascinating!

    Lucy: I promise you many more holos in the coming months! Maybe I could show a holographic polish once a week. I wish I had collected the older OPI designer series. I have a few of the newer ones. I have no shortage of holos overall though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! too weird, we both have that.But I guesses because your blog has that beauty aesthetic so famous for Venus in Virgo 2nd house placement, it's Venus in it's right house ;) I have mostly air in my chart and I read the traditional Russian version of the Tarot but I collect all kinds of Tarot sets. talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I do my best to answer comments. I read every single comment. If you have any questions or links that are unrelated to the post, please e-mail me.

Please be respectful and avoid leaving your blog link in the comments unless requested. Refer to the FAQ if needed.